Like all other manufacturers, AVD will stop manufacturing over the Chinese New Year (CNY). This three-week production holiday will take place between February 2nd and February 21st, 2021. The critical date is to get your custom hardware order to us by December 17th, which allows us plenty of time to manufacture and ship your order before the CNY shutdown.
Here is a summary of the important dates to be aware of as you plan your custom hardware inventory levels over the next few months:
- December 17th, 2020 – Your last day to place and get delivery before CNY
- January 6th, 2021 – Your last day for custom orders to be first-in-first-out (FIFO) for delivery when the AVD factory reopens
- February 2nd, 2021 – The last day to ship custom orders to you before the start of CNY
- February 22nd, 2021 – CNY ends, and the AVD factory reopens
- March 15th, 2021 – AVD factory back to 100% production capacity
- April 1st, 2021 – Custom orders begin shipping again
Please note, these dates apply only to custom orders. We always warehouse a healthy supply of non-branded inventory at our warehouse in Sacramento, California.
If these dates seem a little overwhelming, focus on the first date. Getting your custom order to us by no later than December 17th, 2020.
So, don’t be that company! The company that has to tell their clients, “Sorry, we’re out of stock!”
Your best bet is to let us know as soon as possible your custom hardware order before December 17th.
If you’re looking for some customization ideas, head on over to our Customization Page for inspiration. You’ll also see a handy customization guide there, with more examples to get your creative juices flowing.
But what if I only need custom inventory in April 2021?
In that case, you should still be in touch as soon as possible with your custom order needs.
We will be scheduling orders on the FIFO principle. That is first-in-first-out when we restart manufacturing on February 22nd, 2021.
Here’s how it works.
If you place your order by no later than January 6th, 2021, the AVD factory will make advance arrangements to get the specific raw material we need for your order.
And as soon as we reopen, your order will be at the front of the queue and receive priority attention.
- email or call your Account Manager
- ring us on 415.320.6209
- email [email protected]